Thursday, June 14, 2012

Treadmill Tip Tuesday: Using the Treadmill

Schools out, yippee, so excited!!  No really, my life is about to come to a screeching halt thanks to summer vacation.  I thought this whole school vacation and working thing was going to be a problem, but when am I supposed to get my workout in??  Looks like we'll be testing the alarm clock to see if it works at 5:30am.

First I need you to keep in mind I am not a personal trainer and although I've had my share of fitness training I am not officially certified in anything, so take this information as you wish.  Here's my tip, if you have to hold on for dear life to the treadmill you may want to consider decreasing the incline and/or reducing the speed.  It is more important to get your form right before your  add speed and an incline.  If you are just starting out with exercise, start slow, add speed and incline when you know you are able to hold a steady pace and move your arms freely.  Check out some of these treadmill routines to keep your brain, and body, from getting bored, WebMD, FitSugar, Couch to 5K.  All these routines will keep your heart rate up, and whether you are looking to lose weight or just get healthy, keeping your heart rate up is good all around.

Happy Fitness!
~M

No comments:

Post a Comment