Thursday, June 14, 2012

Mexican Monday: Gotta Love the Basic Taco.

I've never been SO happy to throw away a lunch box. T's lunch box was beyond gross, no soap and water, bleach combo could get that thing to not smell!  And tomorrow I'm allowing him to buy lunch which means I get to toss that disgusting lunch box today!!

Is there anyone out there who doesn't like tacos?  I mean tacos can be eaten with a hard shell, a soft shell, as a salad, omelet...What's there not like?  Whenever I ask the question, "What do you guys want for dinner this week?", they always reply, "Tacos."
A few years back I had to make a spice combo for some burgers forcing me to buy LOTS of individual spices.  After that, I started making my own taco seasoning.  Here's what you'll need,

  • 1 tablespoon chili powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper
 I usually double this recipe for the one and change pound of ground meat, but we like our Mexican food, so you be the judge of how much you want to add.  After your ground meat is browned, add the taco seasoning and water{I use about 2/3c for two serving of the taco seasoning}, cook for a few minutes and serve as you like.
The rest of the things you'll need are, ground meat, or chicken, shells of your choice{mine aren't shown}, and whatever fixings you'd like to top your tacos with{cheese, salsa, tomato, sour cream, lettuce, avocado}.


  

Enjoy!
~M

No comments:

Post a Comment