Saturday, February 12, 2011

Welcome!

There's something so exciting to me when I share a recipe or a fitness tip that I can't even explain.  I don't know what it is, but I could talk forever about food and exercising.  So, here I sit putting whatever is on my mind, or on my dinner plate, in text to share with whoever is willing to read.  Oh boy, what have I gotten myself into?  I'm not even sure how I'd like this whole process to flow so bare with me and my rambling.

I'll start with the basics I guess.  A stocked kitchen is a happy kitchen.  Here's a few staples I feel you should have in your cabinets, based on the recipes I will most likely be talking about.

Stovetop stuffing~Chicken flavor
Canned black beans(and any other bean)
Whole gain pasta
Marina sauce
Tomato sauce
Bread crumbs
Long grain & wild rice
Brown rice

Extra virgin olive oil
Salt
Pepper
Any/All spices(I will be more specific with each recipe)
Mustard
Honey
Smart balance mayo
Smart balance butter



Ground meat
Chicken breasts
Eggs
Shredded cheese(Mexican, Mozzarella)
Peanut Butter(try all natural Skippy, it's $2!)
Multigrain/whole wheat bread(find one without hyfructose corn syrup)
Turkey bacon
Edamame
Fruits
Veggies







Now I know I am missing something, but I think you get the idea.


Thanks for reading!
~Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment